Saturday, November 26, 2005

Whocast #33 - 11.26.05

It's about time I get off my butt and get another podcast out to you!
Just have some random musings on current Doctor Who news and events
We have an audio comment from Michael Hickerson on Doctor Who Unbound#3 - Full Fathom Five
We also have an audio comment from Julian -Down Under
I'll be doing a more regular-style podcast with Whocast #34 and be back on schedule.

Here are Julian's links
Link 1: http://nzdwfc.tetrap.com/archive/web/insidethetardis.html
Link 2: http://www.newscientistspace.com/article/dn8211

Enjoy!
-Tom

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I got this ok thru itunes.
Good to have you back Tom.
All the best
Conrad

Michael Hickerson said...

Thanks for including me on the show!

Anonymous said...

Another good one.

At the time of release, Full Fathom Five struck me as being a style of story I wouldn't want to go through again, with a Doctor that wasn't particularly likeable - kind of early Hartnell+ Twin Dilemma Baker, but nastier. But, of course, that was one point of the Unbounds - to allow us to see the alternatives. Of all the first batch, this was the one that most made be want to find out more about the backstory and history of this Doctor and his universe.

Anonymous said...

I have to say that I think if you're going to do a review with spoilers, it should be all or nothing. Just IMHO, but I think reviews should start spoiler free, give a warning, and then make your comments on the whole thing spoilers and all. I was disappointed not to get a proper analysis of the ending of FF5, as it really made my hairs stand on end.

Anonymous said...

Hi Tom -
I am enjoying going through the history of your podcasts all the way back from episode 1 after downloading the whole batch from BitTorrent. Unfortunately episode 12 is missing and the link on your site to 12 does not work either. Can you re-post 12?

Thanks.