Friday, December 23, 2005

Whocast #36 - 12.23.05


With 2 days, 16 hours and some odd minutes left, I am previewing The Christmas Invasion.

Just going over the importance of Mars in the canon of Doctor Who. Checking out what is going on over at the BBC Doctor Who Official Website with new trailers , games and pictures of the upcoming special.

Also reviewing the recent updates to Mickey's website, Who is Doctor Who and trying to figure out who Daffodil is and what he/she means to Mickey?

Previewing the first 5 minutes of the Christmas Invasion as what was seen on the Children in Need Telethon. SPOILER ALERT!!! If you want to wait until Christmas to "unwrap" this gift, do not listen for 5 minutes after I tell you on the Whocast.

Other than that, I need to get to bed!!!

Enjoy!
-Tom

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Okay, now I'm *really* behind on my reviews. :-)

Tom, I'm planning reviews of the first two Cyberman audios, Spiral Scratch (the latest and last sixth doctor book), Doctor Who: The Legend Continues (a giant coffee table book thing), Singularity (the latest 5th doctor BF audio), and the sixth doctor story "Revelation of the Daleks." (No, not all at once. *grin*)

'til then, Merry Christmas Invasion, Happy Hanukkah Catastrophe, Joyous Kwanzaa Calamity, peaceful Eid Raid, and a happy new year. :-)

-Ari B.

Anonymous said...

Love the podcast. I had been listening to some of the other Doctor Who related podcasts, but their content was terrible.

The audio preview of the Christmas Special was the perfect thing to get me ready for tomorrow. Detroit gets Doctor Who out of Canada.

Thanks!

Anonymous said...

I just watched The Christmas Invasion. It was excellent. I look forward to hearing your comments when you get a chance to see it. The story was pretty good, but it was the acting that really stood out. David Tennant was amazing: funny, harsh, confused. Billy Piper was good too, and I liked Mikey and Rose's mum more in this episode. And great special effects. The ending was a bit surprising as well.