Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Whocast #23 - 09.13.05

Reviewing "The Power of the Daleks".

I am focusing on the relevance of this pivotal episode of Doctor Who, rather than the plot of the story. This episode only exists in whole on audio and photographs. The video/film of this episode was destroyed back in the late '70s. Only a few clips of this remain, of which 2 were just reported discovered yesterday!

You can view the photonovel at the BBC Doctor Who website by following this link!

I also received my set of all 4 Doctor Who Series One DVD's this week! I get to actually watch them on my DVD player later this week! I AM SO EXCITED!!!

Also some of your emails, some news and another Whocast later this week!

Enjoy!
-Tom

EXTRA!!! (09.15.05)
Here are two photos from the BBC Doctor Who Photonovel of "The Power of the Daleks" of an actual Dalek outside of its casing!


All photos are ©2002-2004 BBC

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't download the podcast. I keep getting a zero byte file.

The Professor said...

Hang on, Jason!

I just got the post up before the .mp3 posted to the server!
It just finished about 13 seconds ago. Give me about 3 minutes to reping the servers and it'll be ready for you then.

If you still don't get it after 15 minutes, please email me!

Thanks
-T

Anonymous said...

It works! Thanks!

Anonymous said...

I do believe there are several clips available from PotD. Including a bit of the Dalek assembly line.
Have you ever seen one of the Reconstructions?

Anonymous said...

Another great episode Tom. I enjoyed the focus of the show on the importance of the regeneration aspect of the show.

Don't worry about the E Mails, on the show. If someone raises a particularly important point, then bring it up. But it's quite nice just being part of the community on the web site, enjoying everyone elses comments and experiences.

Michael Hickerson said...

Also, I seem to recall one of the Troughton DVDs having some footage of Power of the Daleks that was filmed by a fan at home pointing a movie camera at the screen...

But I could be wrong...