Thursday, September 29, 2005

Whocast #27 - 09.29.05


All photos are ©2003 Big Finish Productions



I am reviewing Doctor Who-Unbound #1 "Auld Mortality"
This is the first in a series by Big Finish Productions, doing a "What if?" style of episodes of Doctor Who. They are using different actors portraying the Doctor is alternate scenarios from the original mythos. This particular story explores the scenario, "What if The Doctor and Susan never left Gallifrey?" It stars Geoffrey Bayldon and Carole Ann Ford as the 1st Doctor and Susan. It does a wonderful job tying in parts of the original series, as well as ties from the final 7th Doctor New Adventure, Lungbarrow. I try not go give much away as far as the outcome of the story, but do cover some of the general themes of it. I encourage everyone to listen to this one.
I have also discovered on the Outpost Gallifrey forums a proposed remix of Murray Gold's 9th Doctor Theme, by Cyberchild. It is utterly fantastic and I have received permission to play it on the show. I have included a direct link to the website where you can download it.
I'll go over the little Doctor Who news that is out there and announce some of our newest listeners to the show.
Michael Hickerson has begun to revive the forum over at TSFPN.com and let see if we can get everything rolling again on this.

Enjoy!
-Tom

6 comments:

The Professor said...

Welcome Chris!

I hope you enjoy the podcast!

-Tom

Michael Hickerson said...

Alrighty then...I have posted Sarah and I's commentary for Parting of the Ways.

It's definitely not for the kiddies!

http://bigorangemichael.libsyn.com/index.php?post_id=24346

Michael

Anonymous said...

Hi! I'm Andy from Norway, just caught up with all the PodcastWhos now, and I have to say I enjoyed all of them :)

Long time fan of Doctor Who, my first memory being of Paradise Towers with Sylvester McCoy when I was (I think) 7 or 8.

Keep up the good work!

Anonymous said...

Hey Tom. Just as a heads-up, my sonic screwdriver arrivd in the mail today. After the holidays end, and I have a chance to get some batteries, I should be able to do up an audio review for you. Probably by this weekend.

Best,
Ari B.

The Professor said...

COOOLLLL!!! Let me know how it goes. I need to follow up with 10th Planet and see where my order is.

Congrats!
-Tom

Anonymous said...

I think the same issue occurred across the board. I notice that the release date was put back at Play.com for the sonic screwdriver and r/c Daleks. However, both have been sighted in high street shops.

How cool is that?
Daleks on the high street again!