Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Whocast #41 - 01.31.06

Doctor Who Themes - Part Two

I am covering the evolution of the Doctor Who Theme from the 5th Doctor through the 7th Doctor. These are known as the Peter Howell Theme (5th Doctor), Dominic Glynn Theme (Trial of a Time Lord) and Keff McCulloch Theme (7th Doctor).
Also please visit Mark Ayres website for more information on the History of the Doctor Who Theme

We also have a review of "The Adventuress of Henrietta Street" by Asa Swain.

You also get to "hear" my new Talking TARDIS Mug in action.

I'll cover the 8th, 9th and 10th Doctor Themes on the next Whocast!


Enjoy!
-Tom

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

You mention a Peter Howell website in this podcast. It would be appreciated if you posted the address on your site. Great podcast, keep up the excellent work.

Andrew Morris

Michael Hickerson said...

I have to disagree on the theme used for The Trial of a Time Lord. I've always enjoyed it as a bit of a change from the Howell theme and find nothing wrong with it.

Bruce R said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Bruce R said...

Hi Tom, just wanted to let you know that I'm still listening to the show.

I wish I had more to add to the show, but sadly, I'm more of a recent convert to the adventures of the good doctor.

I must say though, I was sure there was no way you could do a whole show on the Dr. Who themes, I mean, what could you possibly say? Boy was I wrong! Totally enjoyed both the shows, and once you mentioned the differences, I said, "oh yeah!"

Keep up the good work, and on my end, I'll keep on listening.

Anonymous said...

This was the first time I got to hear the Delaware version, thanks for tracking it down!

Can't wait for the next show, hope to hear it soon!

Anonymous said...

I've just caught the 2 podcasts on the theme tune. I'm maybe an old purist but the Delia Derbyshire mix is the one for me. The modern mixes sound 80's, but the original is timeless.

I once had a simple white tee shirt and on it was written "Dum-Ba-De-Dum, Dum-Ba-De-Dum, Dum-Ba-Dee-Dum- Diddly-Dum Waa-aaaa-aaah"

Say it! it works!!

This is just my favourite piece of music ever. How sad is that!!

Another great Podcast Tom

Anonymous said...

Even though I'm not a fan of most of the 80's themes (I don't mind McCoys), this was quite interesting to hear the different versions again.