Wednesday, July 06, 2005

Whocast #15 - 07.06.05

We be talking about "REGENERATIONS"

What are regenerations, how did they get started and how many have there been?

I did this podcast in the car using my iRiver 795 - not horrible quality, but not the best. I definitely need to get another Lapel Mic to get better quality.

Head over to the TSFPN Forum site and vote for your favorite regeneration. I put in my 2¢ worth after all the results are in.

Please keep the feedback coming! I LOVE IT!

Enjoy!
-Tom

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Loved the episode. Doing it during your commute gave it a very laid back feel.

Could you explain what the bad blood around Colin Baker leaving the role was about?

Michael Hickerson said...

Ari--it may take an entier podcast to tell the full story of Colin Baker's depature...it was ugly

Anonymous said...

Yet another bang up job! Discussing the regens has been excellent. I look forward to part B!

So fun to kind of picture all the doctors morphing from one to another in my head while you talked!

Anonymous said...

I think there were a number of factors impacting on Colin's departure.
The ratings (though these were being skewed with the show being bounced around the schedules from season to season)
The increasing "Light Entertainment" feel of the show
A perception of increased violence in the show, and the NVALA smelling first blood.
Michael Grade's dislike of the show
There was also something around the triangle of Colin, Michael and Liza Goddard. When Baker and Goddard divorced, she moved in with Grade, so there was likely some bad blood there.