Saturday, June 18, 2005

Whocast #12 - 06.18.05

Your theories/picks as to who is "Bad Wolf":

#1 = Davros/Emperor Dalek - Most Obvious - Since at the end of Sylvester McCoy's episode, "Rememberance of the Daleks", we saw Davros as the Emperor Dalek, it could very well be him.
Lady Ozma's theory about Colin Baker's episode, "The Revelation of the Daleks" and the Game Spot contestants as to how they got half a million Daleks, is entriguing and very plausible.

#2 = Tied for K-9 and The Valeyard - Since these are not as obvious, I say they both have a great chance of coming true. You all have some great theories for K-9, just being mad that his own spin-off was cancelled as to mine tying him into the destruction of Gallifrey. The Valeyard (Evil incarnation of the Doctor) is another great theory. He was last (and only) seen in the Colin Baker final season of "The Trial of a Time Lord" He was an amalgam of himself, somewhere between his 12th and final incarnation. Quite possible!

#3 = The Master - The Doctor's "Best Enemy" We haven't heard from him since the Paul McGann movie, but he has been in the novelizations and Big Finish Audios. Probable, but unlikely, since RTD stated that he didn't have the Master written in for this series. That, however, doesn't mean that he is lying?!?

#4 = A former companion = Jo Grant? Sarah Jane Smith? Turlough? or how about Adric coming back from the dead? Possible, but highly unlikely.

#5 = A new villain tied into this season = I think that this is the most likely route that RTD would go. This is my theory! I discuss on the podcast that I think that it could be the Editor from "The Long Game" who was not killed in the destruction of the Jagrafas, but was in fact a "HUMAN" Dalek, similar to Lady Ozma's theory, but in human form. (Something that the writers for the new Battlestar Galactica have done with the Cylons.) I also mentioned that it could very possibly be Henry Van Statten, from Episode 6, "Dalek." He regained his memory and access to his technology to get revenge on the Doctor. This was an "Eureka!' moment for me as I was doing the podcast, but another epiphany came upon me as I was writing this post. "Bad Wolf" is ADAM!!! He has to most to gain for revenge upon the Doctor. His fate was too easily written off at the end of the "Long Game" He has the spike port in his head and could have used some of the knowledge gleaned from Satellite Five's computers to regain make some money, escavate Van Statten's catacombs, retrieve and utilize the Cyberman's and Dalek technologies to recreate the Daleks and have his final revenge upon those who abandoned him on Earth. WOW! I should see what exactly I put in my iced tea this morning and get some more! A very wild theory, but entirely plausible in the recesses of my mind.

Let me know your thoughts and enjoy "The Parting of Ways"

We'll talk to you on Monday!

Enjoy!
-Tom

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think that you're right with theory #5, someone from THIS season. I'd forgotten the character's name, but Adam is the only real possibilty that I could come up with and I'm glad to see you're leaning the same way. (Although that doesn't matter one whit if we're wrong!)

Anonymous said...

I think Adam does have good odds. He's got all that knowledge and who knows how many weird nanobots running through his body. He could easily have decided to take out his frustrations on not getting to continue traveling with the Doctor!

I am so excited, I can't wait to watch the episode. I feel like a kid at Christmas! But at the same time I'm so sad this is the end for six months! AUGHH! Thank goodness I have old stuff to fall back on!

BTW Good guess, Tom, on what Doctor Who audio I have. Though you are wrong. I don't have that one. (Hmmm, I thin I need to get it! Yes I'm an addict. But I have taken the first step and acknowledged my problem.) I have Galaxy 4 sitting here on my shiny new iPod.

I will send an email marked heavily with "DO NOT READ" disclaimers once I have viewed the episode. I won't be able to contain my excitement. I just want to make sure i get my thoughts to you and once we hit the road, I can't guarantee when I'll have net access again. But whenever it is, I will look forward to the next Podcast Who episode!!

Speaking of that, I love some of the ideas mentioned for Podcast Who! I have a lot of books and magazines as well as my lonely two audiodramas. There's something great about the additional media, I also like the Star Trek stuff along these lines. It's all good. :)

Brad said...

Having just finished watching The Parting of the Ways, I can only say this:

Umm.... err.... Hmm.

Umm. Not sure what else to say. Guess I'll wait for Tom to open the new thread before speaking my mind. I'll need that long to sort my thoughts out. Why do I want to punch something...?

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh! What an exciting episode! I'm not sure I took a breath in the whole 45 minutes! I laughed, I cried, I cheered, I...

I took a moment to think about the show and the story as presented...

And the more I think about it... the more I feel like Brad... Well, I don't want to punch anything, but I'm a bit confused... There are a couple things in this story that, when you finally come down off the high of the excitment you start to scratch your head about...

Biggest head scratcher is the identity of Bad Wolf. Huh?! Is that it? Can't be...